Registration Information and Forms
Kindergarten registration for the 2019-2020 school year opens Monday, January 28
**For Kindergarten Registration Information , please click the link on the right**
New Enrollment Registration Information (Grades K-12)
Below you will find important information about registering and enrolling your child in the Grandview Heights Schools. If you are registering a kindergartener who will begin school in the 2019-2020 school year, click here: Kindergarten Registration Information
If you are registering a new student for the current school year, the first step in the process is to complete the
Initial Registration Form
. After completing the form, you will receive an email, which directs you to the Powerschool online registration form. You will receive a Snapcode that is required for registration. Once completed, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment to review all required documents. A complete list of required documents are listed below. Students MAY NOT attend and WILL NOT be given a schedule until your registration appointment is completed.
To confirm that your residence is within the Grandview Heights Schools district boundaries, please complete the following steps:
- Visit the Franklin County Auditor’s website at: http://www.franklincountyauditor.com
- Click on Your Property, then click on Property Search
- Click either Search by Owner or Search by Address and provide the appropriate name or address and an information screen should appear
- Under Tax Status, locate School District. If the school district listed is "2504 Grandview Heights CSD", then you live within the Grandview Heights Schools boundaries.
If you are enrolling a student and have questions or require further clarification, please contact the appropriate person below:
Denise McGee (Stevenson Elementary - Pre-K - Grade 3)
Carrie Mollette (Edison Intermediate & Larson Middle School - Grades 4-8)
Cheri Berlin (Grandview Heights High School - Grades 9-12)
Jamie McClary (Central Office - If enrolling students in more than one building.)
Required Documents (Information)
1. Parent Photo Identification
It’s important that we can verify the identification of those requesting to enroll their child in the Grandview Heights Schools. Please be prepared to show photo identification at the time of your visit.
2. Verification of Student Identification (must present any one of the following items)
- Student Birth Certificate (verification of birth issued by Ohio or a comparable certification issued by another state, territory, possession or nation);
- Passport or attested transcript of a passport filed with the registrar of passports showing the date and place of birth of the child;
- Attested/certified transcript of the certificate of birth; attested/certified transcript of the certificate of baptism or other religious record showing the date and place of birth of the child;
- An attested/certified transcript of a hospital record showing the date and place of birth of the child; or a birth affidavit.
3. Proof of Custody/Guardianship (if other than biological/residential parent)
Custody Document - Certified copy of a judge’s order or decree or modification of such order allocating parental rights and responsibilities and designating a residential parent and legal custodian of the child (if applicable).
4. Address Verification
- If you lease: A copy of the entire current signed lease agreement with parent/guardian's name(s) listed. Name and phone number of the landlord must be provided in order to verify the lease.
- If you own your home: Verification from the Franklin County Auditor’s website confirming ownership or a copy of the Warranty Deed from a recent closing.
- If you do not own your residence, do not have a lease, or are leasing on a month to month basis, please download the Residency Affidavit below, complete the form, have it notarized, and bring it with you when you complete the registration process.
5. Immunization Record (Shot Record)
To assure that all schools provide safe and healthy learning environments, the Ohio Department of Health requires all students be immunized upon enrollment. Please bring your child’s most current immunization record with you for enrollment purposes.
6. Copy of Most Recent Report Card for Scheduling Purposes (Grades 6-12 only)
A copy of the student's most recent report card is requested for scheduling purposes so that the district can best serve your child's educational needs.
7. Copy of Most Recent Evaluation Team Report (ETR), Individualized Education Plan (IEP) / 504 Plan / WEP or WAP ( if applicable)