THE GRANDVIEW SINGERS
AUDITION ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
1.) Any student in grades 9-12 may audition for The Grandview Singers. At least one year of experience in Concert Choir is strongly preferred. Students who demonstrate strong musical experience and ability as a result of membership in other music ensembles (Marching/Concert Band, Jazz Ensemble, Orchestra or Musical) will also be given strong consideration.
2.) Availability for all required performance dates.
3.) Completion of an audition containing the prepared GS Audition Songs, guided range exercise, and guided choral sight-reading exercise.
4.) Completion of the audition form, with parental signature indicating consent for membership.
Scroll to the bottom of this page to find all the files pertaining to GS auditions.
- The "information" document is a thorough description of the ensemble, along with the expectations and time commitments involved.
- The "performance dates" document lists the dates of the required performances. Make sure you are willing to make yourself available for all performances before auditioning.
- The "audition form" gets filled out, signed, and brought with you to your audition. A parental signature indicating permission to be involved is required.
- The "audition songs" document is the music to be prepared for auditions. Please notice the tips at the bottom of the page of music!
- The MP3 files are note learning tracks to help you prepare the songs.
GS audition sign-up LINK
Audition dates 2022 TBA, individually scheduled with Mr. Herrmann
Audition materials and reference recordings are available on the "Jazz Ensemble Audition Materials" Schoology Group-
Access Code: 6VX57-X935M
Individual questions can be directed to Mr. Herrmann via email- firstname.lastname@example.org